Guidelines for Students Applying for Scholarships from:
KIWANIS CLUB OF FARGO
Scholarship General Guidelines
Please complete the attached application to be eligible to receive a Kiwanis Club of Fargo Scholarship Foundation, Inc. scholarship. The Kiwanis Club of Fargo Scholarship Foundation grants scholarships to qualified senior members of the Key Clubs and the freshmen-junior members of Circle K Clubs in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
Who May Apply?
Graduating seniors who are members of a Key Club at Fargo North, Davie's and South High Schools, Moorhead High School, Shanley High School, West Fargo High School, or members of the Circle K Clubs at NDSU, MSUM and Concordia College who plan to continue their education are eligible to apply. For Circle K Clubs, the members must be full time freshman, sophomore or junior year students.
What is the Selection Process?
Scholarships are awarded according to the Kiwanis Club of Fargo Scholarship Foundation Guidelines cited in the application form. Applicants receive points for a variety of qualities including; volunteer work in community service related to Key Club and Circle K Club, need, community and school activities, work experience, academic achievement, Key Club or Circle K leadership, and seriousness of purpose with major emphasis on need and Kiwanis related community service.
How to Apply?
Applications should be typed. Feel free to add your statements on additional sheets of paper.
1. You must complete all sections of the application (see below).
2. You are responsible for including a copy of your transcript for the past three years and your ACT/SAT scores with your application.
3. You must prepare a one-page statement of goals, aspirations for your future and explain your strengths and weaknesses clearly and succinctly.
The Scholarship Foundation will not consider incomplete applications for review.
When to Apply?
You must mail this completed application to the Kiwanis Club of Fargo Scholarship Foundation no later than March 22. Applications received or postmarked after March 22 will not be accepted.
The scholarships will be awarded at the Annual Kiwanis Recognition Luncheon held usually on the last Tuesday in April.
Where to send applications?
Please send the completed application forms to
Bell State Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 10877
Fargo, ND 58106
Scholarship Foundation Application.pdf
The KIWANIS CLUB OF FARGO SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION offers SCHOLARSHIP GRANTS in the amounts of not less than $1000 each in accordance with the following guidelines and the requirements of the Application Forms:
1. Applicant must be an active senior member of a KEY CLUB or CIRCLE K CLUB in the Fargo-Moorhead area
2. Awards shall be based on financial needs, community service, school /community activities, academic achievement, work experience, Key Club or Circle K Club activities, and seriousness of purpose.
3. There will be no discrimination as to nationality, gender, race or creed.
4. Preference will be given if your college/university is located in North Dakota, South Dakota or Minnesota.